Here's a short insight into myself, those around me, and the things I find of interest and you will find me getting up to.
- Born and bred in Rugby, Warwickshire, England (yes, the birthplace of the game of Rugby - I still live a short 10 minute walk from Rugby School and the actual spot where it all began back in 1823)
- Married to Diana
- We have two great teenage children - both growing up (too quick)
Interests (in no particular order):
- music (which can range from just about anything and everything on any given day). Still learning to play the guitar; keyboard and piano next!
- reading (particularly non-fiction and autobiographies)
- sport (see further below)
- researching family history
- local and regional social history
- the great outdoors (I will be out and about as often as I can)
- travel (among my many travels I was fortunate enough to have lived and worked in Australia and New Zealand in my early 20s, and I still love to travel and explore whenever and wherever I can)
- spending time with the family; either getting out and about or simply 'kicking back' at home
- catching up with friends and family
- food & drink
Very keen sportsman
- unofficially 'semi-retired' footballer; having played both here in the UK and Australia, but still play 5-a-side a couple of times each month.
- FA qualified coach (Level 2). I also have qualifications in management and treatment of injuries and First Aid.
- ECB Level II qualified coach, with some success!
- keen and active cricketer; I currently play for Willoughby Cricket Club, a village cricket club on the Warwickshire/Northants border near Rugby, and have done so since 1991. Until October 2018 I was also the club's junior cricket coordinator (18 years) and coached the club's junior cricketers, managing several of the junior teams over the years (an unbeaten season in 2018 to my son's team going into senior cricket could not have scripted a better ending). Club Press Officer and website manager of nearly 20 years.
- A keen swimmer, at least three times a week.
- very keen follower of Nottingham Forest FC and Berwick Rangers FC
- An interest in just about every sport: football to cricket, rugby union and league, horse racing - and the social side of horseracing, American Football (recent convert!) even Australian Rules and GAA